Описание направления "IVF Services"
For over 40 years, IVF has been one of the most successful treatments for infertility.
IVF implies fertilization of the egg with sperm in laboratory conditions, subsequent embryo cultivation for several days “in vitro” and its transfer to a woman’s uterine cavity.
Pregnancy occurs in almost every second woman after IVF in the Reproductive Health Center “BINA”. At the end of 2018, the effectiveness of IVF protocols in our center amounted to more than 48%.
What are the indications for IVF?
- The absolute indication for IVF is obstruction of the fallopian tubes or their complete absence;
- Male and female infertility that cannot be treated with other methods for 1 year - for women under 35 years, and for 6 months if a woman is older than 35 years, for example, in the case of endometriosis, PCOS, oligozoospermia and other reasons;
- Infertility of unknown origin – when after a thorough examination of partners the reason for the absence of pregnancy cannot be established;
- HIV infection of one of the spouses or the presence of a serious hereditary disease associated with sex (hemophilia A, B, color blindness, etc.).
Are there any contraindications for IVF?
Yes. Mental diseases, severe somatic diseases, ovarian tumors and other conditions in which ART is contraindicated in accordance with the Resolution of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus No. 54 of June 1, 2012, “On Some Issues of Using Assisted Reproductive Technologies”.
Up to what age can I enter the IVF protocol?
According to Belarusian law, in vitro fertilization and artificial insemination can be performed only for women under 50 years old.
Why do spouses need to undergo a full examination?
This will allow the doctors to choose the most suitable ART program, to avoid possible complications and significantly increase the chances of having a long-awaited baby.
As a rule, the period of examination takes about 1 month. The Reproductive Medical Center “Bina” has almost every opportunity for a thorough examination of a married couple.
The medical examination of each woman who is scheduled for IVF includes:
- Before each cycle of ART - a general blood analysis, a general urine analysis, a biochemical blood test, a coagulogram, a smear on the microflora from the urethra and cervical canal, pelvic ultrasound, a blood test for hormones (TSH, FSH, LH, prolactin);
- Blood test for syphilis, HIV, markers of viral hepatitis B and C are valid for 1 month;
- Screening for STDs (gonorrhea, chlamydia, trichomoniasis, ureamycoplasmosis), as well as a blood test for TORCH infections (herpes, toxoplasmosis, cytomegalovirus, rubella) are valid for 6 months;
- PAP-test, fluorography, electrocardiogram, the conclusion of a general practitioner and psychiatrist, which are valid for 1 year;
- The blood type and Rh factor are determined once.
In some situations, there is a need for additional clinical and laboratory studies.
Husband's medical examination includes the following:
- A spermogram is performed twice;
- Blood test for syphilis, HIV, markers of viral hepatitis B and C - valid for 1 month;
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections (chlamydia, ureamycoplasma) - valid for 6 months;
- Determination of blood type and Rh factor;
Other methods of examination of the man can be assigned individually.
What preparation is needed before IVF?
- It is necessary to normalize the work and rest regime, sleep at least 7-8 hours a day, do not smoke, stop drinking alcohol, medicines, do not drink more than 5 cups of coffee per day.
- It is necessary to follow the principles of proper nutrition with the use of a large number of vegetables, fruits, meat, fish products.
- It is recommended to do sports, dancing or yoga at least one hour 3 times a week.
- Your weight should be within normal limits, and if you are obese, it is strongly recommended to lose weight before the IVF protocol. This greatly increases the chances of pregnancy.
- To prevent congenital malformations of the neural tube in the fetus, both spouses are required to take folic acid at a dose of 400-800 mcg for 3 months before the ART protocol.
- It is very important to be in your very best health condition before IVF.