Time is merciless. It has the greatest impact on the ability to become a mother.
The older the woman is, the more diseases she has, the higher probability of chromosomal abnormalities in the cells, the more spontaneous miscarriages and missed pregnancies are observed, and the more problems associated with the birth of a child.
However, even in these situations, medicine comes to the rescue and the Bina Reproductive Health Center offers to use the donor’s eggs from young healthy women for a successful birth.
Why do I need donor oocytes?
After 40 years, IVF programs with their own eggs have little effectiveness (about 12-15%), while IVF with donor’s oocytes leads to successful conception in more than 50% of cases.
Who needs IVF with donor oocytes?
The following indications for the use of donor eggs have been determined:
- Late reproductive age of women, more often after 40 years;
- Situations when it is impossible to get woman’s oocytes even after hormonal stimulation of the ovaries, for example, a decrease in ovarian reserve, premature ovarian exhaustion;
- Poor quality of eggs;
- The presence of a woman's chromosomal or inherited genetic diseases when there is a risk of their transmission to an offspring, for example, gonadal dysgenesis, hemophilia, etc .;
- Failure in 2 or more previous IVF attempts with their own eggs;
- Lack of own oocytes due to menopause, chemotherapy or radiation therapy, surgical removal of the ovaries.
Where to get donor oocytes?
The Bina Reproductive Health Center has its own egg cell cryobank. We take the choice of oocyte donors very seriously, inviting only women with perfect mental and physical health in the age of 20 to 32 years old, who have their own healthy children and without a criminal past. Information about who is the donor is prohibited for disclosure.
In the case of close relationship with the patient (sister, mother), the oocyte donor may not be anonymous. This allows IVF without preliminary egg cryopreservation.
What will I know about the oocyte donor?
In addition to the fact that our center guarantees the provision of quality oocytes from fully examined women, when choosing donor cryopreserved eggs, the couple provide information on the age, height, color of the donor’s eyes and hair, their race and nationality, education and blood type and Rh factor.
How is an IVF program with donated eggs is held?
- Full clinical and laboratory examination of spouses.
- Selection of a donor egg from a cryobank or selection of an egg donor.
- In vitro fertilization of the donor’s egg by the husband’s sperm, embryo cultivation.
- Transfer of embryo(s) into the uterine cavity of a woman in the natural cycle or in a cycle with hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and the prescription of hormonal support.
- Confirmation of pregnancy after 14 days.
Some differences may occur during the IVF cycle using “fresh” donor oocytes, when the synchronization of menstrual cycles is necessary. However, due to the high efficiency of cryopreservation, such IVF programs are carried out less and less.
Due to its high successful rate, IVF with donor oocytes is used more often in the infertility treatment, especially for women of late reproductive age.